- Prep Time (mins)
- Cook Time (mins)
IngredientsFor the Caprese Salad Dressing:
- 1/3 cup quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 sun-dried tomato halves, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely minced
For the Salad:
- 1 (16-ounce log) Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 pints garden-fresh tomatoes, sliced or halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed
- Sea salt, coursely ground
- Black pepper, coursely ground
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
To make the Caprese Salad Dressing, add all the ingredients to a canning jar, screw on the lid and shake until blended. Reserve it for assembly.
Using a large platter, place the Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese first. You can tear it into chunks, slice it or leave it whole and slice it just before serving.
Place the tomatoes and Kalamata olives on the platter around the Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese and garnish it with the basil leaves, salt and pepper, ending with a scattering of pine nuts. Dress it lightly with the Caprese Salad Dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.