- Prep Time (mins)
- 30 mins.
- Cook Time (mins)
- 1 hr.
Parmesan Taco Shells:
- 1 (5-ounce) container Frigo® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) container Frigo® Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 (5-ounce) container Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 2 Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
To make the taco shells, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheet trays with parchment paper, and lightly spray them with cooking oil.
Spoon 2 tablespoons each of the Frigo® Shredded Parmesan Cheese into small mounds on the parchment-lined baking sheet tray. Then, top them with 2 tablespoons of the Frigo® Shaved Parmesan Cheese. Finish each with a pinch of taco seasoning, and then gently pat down each mound so they are flattened slightly.
Bake them until they’re golden brown, about 8–10 minutes.
Working quickly with a spatula, drape one cheese circle over the handle of a thick wooden spoon or an inverted cooling rack placed over two overturned cups and form it into a shell shape. It will harden within 2 minutes. Transfer it to a plate to cool completely. Then, repeat with the remaining cheese to make more shells. After cooling completely, these shells can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
To make the chicken tacos, season the chicken with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, the taco seasoning, ground cumin, Adobo seasoning, black pepper and ground cinnamon.
In an oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the seasoned chicken. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4–6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown and done. Then, remove it from the heat and allow it to rest.
While the chicken rests, gently toss the red cabbage, carrot, sliced red onion, ½ cup of the fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, lime and Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese together in a bowl. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste. Then, set it to the side.
To make the avocado cream sauce, combine all of the cream sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as necessary. Then, transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and set it aside.
To assemble the tacos, place the chicken in a parmesan taco shell and top it with the vegetables and avocado cream sauce. Enjoy!
Rad Tip: Make cheese crisps in lieu of bread or tortillas for any Mexican or Italian meal.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.