- Prep Time (mins)
- 18 mins
- Cook Time (mins)
- 18 mins
- Party size; yields 20-30
- 1 (5-ounce) container Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup + extra for garnish fresh, flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20–30 pickled sweet piquanté peppers
- 1 small cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 10–15 “Sweety Drop” peppers, sliced lengthwise
In a small food processor fitted with a blade, combine all but 2 tablespoons of the Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, the cream cheese, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and mix until everything is smooth. Then, add the parsley, mint and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and pulse until they’re just incorporated. Taste and adjust the seasonings, add the Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese mixture to a piping bag and cut a small opening at the tip of the bag.
Fill the piquanté peppers with a pinch of cut cucumbers and then pipe the Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese mixture to fill the peppers. Garnish the peppers with the remaining Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, a sprig of parsley, pinch of chives, sprinkle of celery seed and/or a slice of “Sweety Drop” peppers.
Serve immediately or refrigerate them until you’re ready to serve them.
Rad Trick: Top the peppers with extra Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, place them on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil them until the cheese melts and lightly browns, about 5 minutes.
Rad Tip: Piquanté peppers are mildly spiced with a sweet heat. Look for them packaged in jars near the pickles or in your grocer's deli olive bar.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.