- 8 slices Italian country bread or French bread
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ripe roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Rub one side of each bread slice with a cut side of garlic. Brush the bread with oil. On each remaining plain slices, place a slice of Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, two tomato slices and two basil leaves. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Top with remaining bread, garlic side up.
Heat grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and until the mozzarella has melted. Serve immediately.