- Prep Time (mins)
- 20 mins.
- Cook Time (mins)
- 45 mins.
- 2 (1-pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Greek or Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups baby lettuce blend
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons fresh dill, stems removed and minced
- 2–4 tablespoons Greek or Italian salad dressing
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Buddha Bowl Dressing:
- ½ cup Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek or Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 (5-ounce) containers Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Preheat the oven to 375°F.In a medium bowl, mix the boneless, skinless chicken breasts with 3 tablespoons of the Greek salad dressing, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper,
In a medium oven-proof sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat until the oil is sizzling. Add the chicken breasts (reserve the chicken marinade to the side) and sauté them until they’re golden brown and the chicken lifts from the pan, about 2–3 minutes. Flip the chicken, pour the marinade on top and stick the chicken in the preheated oven. Set the timer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the Orzo Salad by tossing together all of the orzo salad ingredients until they’re well incorporated. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your preference. Store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Then, make the Buddha Bowl Dressing in a food processor fitted with a blade. Pulse together ½ cup of Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, ½ cup of diced cucumber, the zest and juice of one lemon and 2 tablespoons of Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese until everything is smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of honey, ½ tablespoon of minced fresh dill, ½ tablespoon of minced fresh mint, 1 teaspoon of minced fresh oregano, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper. Pulse until everything is incorporated. Taste and adjust the salt, pepper and honey to your preference. Then, store the dressing in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
To make the Fried Chickpeas, in a mixing bowl, toss together the chickpeas with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon of dried Greek or Italian seasoning. Pour them into a large sauté pan and heat them on high. While stirring periodically, allow the mixture to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4–5 more minutes or until the chickpeas split open and become a golden brown. Scoop them out of the hot oil with a slotted spoon and into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
When the timer goes off, remove the chicken from the oven and check the temperature. If the internal temperature of the thickest part of each of the chicken breasts is 165˚F, move them to your cutting board and slice them. If one is not cooked to temperature, put the chicken back in the oven and cook it for an additional 5 minutes. Repeat until they’re both done.
Assemble the Mediterranean Buddha Bowls by dividing the orzo salad into the bowls and topping each with chicken, fried chickpeas, Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese and a drizzle of dressing. Serve with Kalamata olives and slices of lemons.
Enjoy immediately or pack it up for your next power lunch!
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.