- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups (about 7 ears) fresh corn, husked and kernels cut from cob
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup (1 large) red onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely minced
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning**
- 1⁄4 cup Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, divided
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup slightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (3 tablespoons)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
**Or substitute 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 2 teaspoons chili powder
Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet until shimmering. Add the corn and garlic and cook on medium-high heat, stirring only occasionally (about every 2 minutes) until the corn is well browned all over, about 10 minutes.
While the skillet is still on medium-high heat, add the onion, jalapeno, taco seasoning and Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together half of the Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese, mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice until thoroughly incorporated.
When the onions are translucent, add the warm corn mixture to the large bowl with the dressing. Fold it together until the corn mixture is evenly coated with dressing.
Taste, season with salt and pepper and add more taco seasoning, if desired. Top with the remaining Frigo® Crumbled Feta Cheese and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.