- 2 cups dry rotelle (corkscrew) pasta
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil a 14" pizza pan or 15" baking sheet.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, rinse and drain well.
Combine the eggs and milk and stir them into the cooked pasta. Add the cheddar and onion and mix well. Spread the pasta mixture evenly over the pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake 20–25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef until browned and drain it. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, oregano and garlic salt.
Spoon the meat mixture over the baked pasta crust. Arrange the tomato slices and bell pepper rings over the meat. Top with olives, if desired.
Sprinkle with Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese. Bake about 15 minutes more or until the cheese is bubbly.