- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup packaged matchstick carrots or shredded carrots*
- 2/3 cup sliced baby bella or button mushrooms*
- 1/2 cup chopped onion*
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini*
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Frigo® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 whole-wheat or regular lasagna noodles, cooked
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups bottled light tomato and basil pasta sauce
*Many stores offer pre-chopped vegetables to save time.
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and next 6 ingredients and sauté for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Combine the Frigo® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 cup of the Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, 1/4 cup of the Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese, basil and egg. Stir well. Then, stir in the sautéed vegetables and vinegar.
Spread about 1/2 cup of the vegetable-cheese mixture down the center of each noodle and roll them up. Place the rolls, seam-side down, in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Spoon the sauce evenly over the rolls. Cover with non-stick foil or foil coated with cooking spray. Bake, covered, for 20–25 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of the Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese and 1/4 cup of the Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese and bake, covered, an additional 5 minutes.