- Prep Time (mins)
- 7 mins.
- Cook Time (mins)
- 19 mins.
- Yields 12 bites
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasonings
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 (16-ounce) packages Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese, cut into ½-inch round slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Fresh herbs, minced, for serving, optional
- Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving, optional
Marinara sauce, for serving, optional
Preheat the waffle iron.
In a shallow bowl, mix the flour with the paprika. Whisk the eggs together in a second shallow bowl, and mix the breadcrumbs, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes and garlic powder in a third bowl.
Working one slice at a time, dust the Frigo® Mozzarella Cheese slices in the flour. Then thoroughly coat them in the egg and breadcrumbs.
Spray both sides of the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Place two slices of the coated cheese in the waffle iron and close the lid. Cook until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown, about 1 minute. Then, repeat with the remaining cheese slices.
Serve hot on their own or sprinkle with fresh minced herbs and/or Frigo® Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese and serve with marinara for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.