- 2 (425 grams) cans tuna in oil, drained, oil reserved
- 1 large (about 2 cups) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small (about 1 cup) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (about 10) pitted green olives, cut in half
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 pound fettuccini
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
- ½ cup basil leaves, packed
- ½ cup Frigo® 3-Cheese Italian Blend
- ½ cup Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½–2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Frigo® Shaved Parmesan Cheese
In a large sauté pan, heat the oil from one of the jars of tuna and sauté the red onion until slightly soft and translucent, 3–5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are soft and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Then, add the red peppers, green olives, sun-dried tomatoes and capers and cook for 1 minute on high. Turn the heat off and reserve the mixture for assembly.
Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions. Then, drain the pasta, add it back to the pot with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the other jar of tuna and set it to the side.
To make the avocado sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse on high until the ingredients are finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil from one of the jars of tuna in a slow stream until the mixture is emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasonings by adding more anchovy paste, black pepper or lemon.
Fold the sauce gently into the pasta mixture. Flake the tuna and toss it, along with the veggie mixture, with the sauced pasta and garnish as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.